Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt
As organizations of all sizes emphasize productivity gains as strategic advantages, more and more are adopting methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma to govern their operations. The Green Belt identifies an employee or prospect as an accomplished, dedicated professional.
Those seeking to utilize Lean Six Sigma to implement cost reduction solutions, increase revenues and drive quality initiatives should attend this course. There are no prerequisites to take this course.
It is highly recommended that you have some history of professional work experience (full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer work, etc.)
- Understand Lean Six Sigma, its origins and its benefits.
- Learn the Lean Six Sigma roles and principles and the 8 Wastes of Lean Management.
- Master the Lean Six Sigma Improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Learn to collect data and track the success of projects.
- Complete a real-world Lean Six Sigma project.
- Prepare to take and pass the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam
INTRODUCTION TO GREEN BELT TRAINING
- Overview of Lean Six Sigma, the 8 Wastes and DMAIC
- DEFINE PHASE – HOW TO DEFINE THE PROBLEM : Creating the project charter, understanding the current state and develop project communication
- MEASURE PHASE – HOW TO MEASURE THE CURRENT PROCESS : Select measures, planning and collecting baseline data
- ANALYZE PHASE – HOW TO IDENTIFY THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM : Conducting data and process analysis; brainstorming, developing, and validating root causes
- IMPROVE PHASE – HOW TO IMPLEMENT AND VERIFY THE SOLUTION : Crafting, filtering and determining solutions; conducting risk management
- CONTROL PHASE – HOW TO MAINTAIN THE SOLUTION : Creating monitoring and response plans, project documentation